tlug: Re: tlug-digest V1 #1090 - MULE & CJK

    >> "...Steve will (if time permits) talk about the future:
    >> multilingualization, using Mule as an example."

    Tony> As I am hoping to use MULE/MEW to send/receive email/usenet
    Tony> messages in CJK, I'd like to make a special request for this
    Tony> presentation. Or should I be looking at another combination?

I'll be happy to talk about Mule.  I last looked at MEW over a year
ago, but didn't like it for a number of technical reasons that have
nothing to do with its usability.  (Ie, I'm a standards bigot.)  I use
VM myself (mostly because Kyle Jones is the world's premier standards
bigot).  So I don't know nothing about MEW, current edition.

However, I can't recommend VM to most CJK users yet; it doesn't do
everything needed (no outgoing MIME-encoded headers, incoming MIME
header decoding is partly broken), and won't let you read
non-conformant mail (so forget about corresponding with most people
who uses Murkroshit Outhouse Excess---Kyle thinks that the appropriate
thing to do is complain to the author and make them resend a MIME
conformant message ;-).

Hey, grepping headers shows we've got a bunch of Mew users; why don't
you ask the question at the meeting, and maybe a Mew user or two will
stand up and talk about it.

Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 at Temple Univ. Japan
*NEW LOCATION* a map is available at http://www.tuj.ac.jp/maps.html
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691