Re: tlug: GCC

(way, way offtopic for TLUG list)

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Yoga A. Santosa wrote:

> Hi all -- I would like to ask for help. If Possible, could someone send me
> GCC ?? My school's server somehow locked / doesn't permit the use of GCC.
> It said "Permission Denied" -- I would like [if possible] to have a copy
> of my own GCC inside my account.

Talk to your system administrator.  There's probably a good reason why
they don't want users compiling on the server.

Of course, if we (I) were inclined to assist, you have given _zero_
details about the server.  Architecture, OS, and so forth are essential
information when dealing with this sort of request.

But, again, this is _not_ something that even approaches topicality for
the TLUG list.

-- Chris

Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 at Temple Univ. Japan
*NEW LOCATION* a map is available at http://www.tuj.ac.jp/maps.html
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691