tlug: Kernel hackers? Yup.

Well mainly Kernel Hackers are fairly common in specified technical
newsgroups.  I am sure there are probably their fair share of "kernel
hackers" out in the TLUG.  As for me, the regular 'lurker' in newsgroup just
sit back and watch mostly.  But I am sure that you are not interested in my
reading habits anyways.  I try to make it out to those TLUG meetings, but
then never found the time to mingle with the crowd. As for me, yes I am
currently writing device driver for BioMetrical Security Authentication that
utilizes the implementation of hi-level crypto.

Biometric verification is a method whereby an individual’s identity is
confirmed by examining a unique physical trait or behavioral characteristic,
such as a fingerprint, retina, or palm print. Because biometric traits are
unique to each individual, they can be used to prevent theft or fraud.
Unlike a password or PIN, a biometric trait cannot be lost, stolen, or
recreated. While each biometric method has its advantages, the fingerprint
proves to be superior for most applications. Other biometric identifiers
currently available or under development include body odor, DNA, ear shape,
face recognition, facial thermogram, keystroke dynamics, palm print, retinal
scan, iris patterns, signature, and voice patterns.

Currently working for compatibility on most *nix OS.  Currently working on
Linux (x86) and my SGI IRIX system at home.  But then again finding spare
time these days are rather sparce although I look forward in the New Year
holiday to sitdown and code some more.

Daniel Saito
daniel@example.com
http://www.digital-canvas.com

Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 at Temple Univ. Japan
*NEW LOCATION* a map is available at http://www.tuj.ac.jp/maps.html
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691