Re: tlug: install to no-CD notebook

In regards to the "copy them over a serial link" step, please tell me how
to do this on both the Win3.1 side and the Linux box and the wiring in
between.

I was going to do this via plip, but finding a cheap null modem has proven
to be impossible here in BFE Nara.  And, as simple as it sounds to go to
Osaka, life circumstances prove that hard also.

So, I guess what I want to know first of all is:

Can I use any type of serial cord to connect a port on my Linux installed
desktop and a port on my Win3.1 486 8MB 170MB HD laptop?  I currently own
a 25 Fem/ 9 ?fem? cable for my external modem.  Can I use this for a
serial connection?  How?

I already have the small partition formatted and installed with a very old
verion of Debian and would like to try to install a more current verion of
any dist. but probably will go with Slack.  I can probably even get my
friend to mail me the prudent packages in pieces so that I don't have to
spend precious yen on the net searching for the right stuff...  But, that
is just my babeling.

Thanks in advance,

Eric S. Standlee
Kashihara City, Nara Prefecture, Japan