Re: tlug: ls command

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Scott Stone wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Michael Casinghino wrote:
>
> > I want to get a recursive listing of a directory that with output like
> > this:
> >
> > dir/
> > dir/sub1/
> > dir/sub1/file1.1
> > dir/sub1/file2.1
> > dir/sub2/
> > dir/sub2/file1.2
> > dir/sub2/file2.2
> >
> > Basically, I want it to look like the output from a 'tar -u' command.  I
> > read the manpage for ls, but it doesn't look like it can do this.
>
> try:
>
> find dir/

The output differs in the subdirectory listing

$ find dir/
dir/sub1

$ tar -tf dir.tar
dir/sub1/

That extra slash is giving me grief.  Should I try some other tar option?

Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 at Temple Univ. Japan
*NEW LOCATION* a map is available at http://www.tuj.ac.jp/maps.html
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691