tlug: Afraid to boot

I bought and installed a new IDE drive today - my first one. My Linux
system is on a SCSI drive, and I'm just playing around with the IDE at
the moment; partitioning and bad sector checking etc.

Now when I ran lilo on my main drive, the output was:-

[root /mnt]$/sbin/lilo
Warning: /dev/sda is not on the first disk
Added linux *
Added linux_Modules
Added linux_NoModules
Added linux_35
Added linux_34
[root /mnt]$

I have never seen that Warning before, and it slightly scares me. Is it
merely bacuse there is an IDE drive there now, LILO is detecting it, and
which might be the "first disk"? Or is it more sinister, and will it
fail to boot?

I daren't try just yet. Any advice welcome.

Neil.

Pile up the benefits that accrue from studying
by the light of fireflies reflected on the snow...
Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 at Temple Univ. Japan
*NEW LOCATION* a map is available at http://www.tuj.ac.jp/maps.html
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691