Re: tlug: xset

    Jim> Hi all, This problem just seemed to pop out of nowhere....

    Jim> I was trying to get navigator4.5 to start and I kept getting
    Jim> dissed with xset errors.

    Jim> Well, after a little investigation, I didn't find a solution
    Jim> so I started looking at the system itself. That's when I
    Jim> found I couldn't telnet to localhost in an xterm.

    Jim> I get the error:

    Jim> TRANS(SocketINETConnect) () can't get address for wormhole

This sounds like a dns or /etc/hosts problem.

    Jim> xset: unable to open display "wormhole:0.0"

    Jim> So, I thought maybe this is an XDM problem so I rebooted to
    Jim> runlevel 5 (Slackware) and saw

    Jim> xset: unable to open display ""

This might be because it can't work out the hosts ip, so it can't set
the display.

Thats all I can guess...

	Andy

Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 at Temple Univ. Japan
*NEW LOCATION* a map is available at http://www.tuj.ac.jp/maps.html
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691