Re: tlug: more on CDROM drivers..

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Scott Stone wrote:

> still, it's essentially the same error (I think that 'Operation Not
> Permitted' is more correct than 'Invalid Argument'), and ide/scsi
> shouldn't report it differently, IMHO.

Agreed.  Fixed in 2.1, as the ioctls are handled at the common layer.  I
was taking issue with the 'EPERM not defined as a valid return value'
statement, not contending that having different return values is okay.

Funny bit, in sr_ioctl.c around line 511:

    /* these are compatible with the ide-cd driver */
    case CDROMREADRAW:
    case CDROMREADMODE1:
    case CDROMREADMODE2:
        return -EINVAL;

*laugh*

-- Chris

Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 *** place TBA ***
IMPORTANT: TLUG is looking for a venue for the next meeting
if you could host in your university or office, please contact us
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691