RE: tlug: qpopper vs. tcpd

>But - despite all the new information for which i am very grateful to have
>- part of my original question remains unanswered.
>Based on what Yan said, i now know that ipop is doing my POP services.
>That's cool and all, but let's assume - because it's a good assumption -
>that i still want to make it qpopper instead. Do i need to remove ipop
>before installing qpopper? Or will qpopper take over port 110 and nudge
>ipop out of the way for me? I'm kind of worried that the two will vie for
>attention on the same port and cause trouble.

You can install qpopper and just modify inetd.conf to tell tcpd to use
qpopper
for pop3 port.
You do not need to remove ipop.
If you do not write ipop in inetd.conf, then ipop will never be started.

By the way, everyday, tcpd refuses invalid accesses to our server.
I suggest that you use tcpd to control access.

Yan @ Yokohama

Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691