Re: tlug: Apache restart

    Dave> In my last post i asked if there was a ay to query my
    Dave> netwrok to find out who's the name server.

host -t ns your.domain

eg

steve@example.com:~$ host -t ns tokyostreethockey.com
tokyostreethockey.com   NS      NS.RAINBOW.CO.JP
tokyostreethockey.com   NS      ns1.RAINBOW.CO.JP
tokyostreethockey.com   NS      WWW2.RAINBOW.CO.JP

Here's some bizaarity:

steve@example.com:~ host www.tokyostreethockey.com
www.tokyostreethockey.com A record not found, server failure

steve@example.com:~$ host -t any www.tokyostreethockey.com
www.tokyostreethockey.com       A       202.238.0.248

steve@example.com:~$ host www.tokyostreethockey.com
www.tokyostreethockey.com       A       202.238.0.248

Looks like your server is subject to intermittent failures of some
kind.

Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691