tlug: Failed at the first post.

Matt Gushee writes:

 > My educated guess is that the worst culprits are your Registry files,
 > SYSTEM.DAT and USER.DAT.

Since you seem to know what you're doing, I didn't say this the first
time, but *just in case*: you definitely don't want to delete those
files, but if you back them up, delete the originals, and copy them
again to there original names, the should get out of the way. If that
is actually the problem.

Rex Walters writes:

 > I don't do windows, but I suspect your problem is with virtual memory.
 > Under the control panel somewhere (advanced sumpinerother) you can tell
 > it to not allocate any disk space for VM.  Do that, defrag, then you
 > should be able to fips as you want.  Then you can go back into windows
 > and set up whatever windows calls its pseudo-swap stuff.

Maybe. This reminds me of something. Sounds like you're a little
pressed for disk space, so you might want to set up a common swap
partition so that you don't have to allocate space for a swap file in
you Windoze area. There's a HOWTO on doing that {
http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/
} ... slightly tricky, but it worked quite well for me.

Matt Gushee
Oshamanbe, Hokkaido
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691