Re: tlug: multiple domains with sendmail

Hi,

It is possible to do this with sendmail, but you probably need to mess
with the rewriting rules in the sendmail.cf file.  You can get almost
any special case behavior out of sendmail this way, but it is quite
painful to do.

I don't know much about qmail, but it does allow you to handle two
virtual domains differently.  If info@ isn't the only think you'd
like to separate out, this is definitely the way to go.  Note that
qmail delivers to folks' home directories, rather than to the
standard spool file.  Probably configurable.

A final solution, if this is just a really special case, is
procmail.  You could setup an info account (I'm assuming both info
addresses are just aliases and different people take turns in the
two separate roles?).  info could have a .forward file that
filters incoming mail through procmail.  Then you just need a
.procmailrc for info that sends info@example.com to one user and info@example.com to
another; or better yet to two more distinct aliases that you can
then more easily administer.

--------------
.forward:
"|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail"
--------------

--------------
.procmailrc:
:0
* ^TOinfo@example.com
phtinfo

:0
* ^TOinfo@example.com
turboinfo
--------------

--------------
/etc/aliases:
# may need to run 'newaliases' after editing
phtinfo: cliff
turboinfo: sstone

Hope this helps,
-Oly

P.S. My wife and I are in the states, but thinking
of working in Tokyo in a year, what's it like - do
you enjoy working there?