Re: tlug: Floppy mounts

    Frank> Does anyone out there have the latest-latest kernel sources
    Frank> for the 2.0.x series to hand?  I'm on 2.0.34, but we should
    Frank> report the missing configuration option to the maintainers
    Frank> and to the autofs guys if it's still missing in the latest
    Frank> menuconfig for the 2.0.x tree; the kernel code for 2.0.x is
    Frank> not distributed with autofs anymore, so in the absence of
    Frank> an explicit configuration option in the kernel sources it
    Frank> would be easy to get the impression that it just doesn't
    Frank> work with that line of kernels.

autofs is in 2.0.35. I don't remember setting it, but I certainly have
it. My /usr/src/linux/.config has CONFIG_AUTO_FS=y.

I don't remember if I used menuconfig or the xconfig...

I abuse the heck out of autofs, making the file system on my laptop
took the same as the automounted NFS trees at work. There is probably
some speed penalty for doing this, but I don't really notice it.

Andy
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691