Re: tlug: kon probs.

From: Florin Oprina <oprina@example.com>

> Takeshi Hakamada wrote:
>
> > What versions of kon are you using?
> > I have not run kon for four years.
> >

>   Well, I'm using version 1, it seems, from sept. 1996.
> Is it so out-dated to use kon? it was the only thing I found to support kanji
> display on my console, what are you people using?

I managed to compile kon2 and have no problem to run on my
notebook(Western Digital WD90C24) and desktop(Riva128).
PHT ftp site has rpm package for kon2, konfont. So you deserve
downloading and install it.

IMO, kon is not so out-dated. Few years ago, I didn't felt
comfortable to run X on notebook due to lack of memory and disk
space. So I lived with kon. Fortunately, today's notebook PCs
have sufficient memory and disk to run X. So hardly is kon used
these days.

-Takeshi
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691