Re: tlug: Floppy mounts

Rex Walters <rex@example.com> writes:

> Uh...  Why not just use mtools?  I can't remember the last time
> I've actually mounted a floppy.  I've *never* mounted a floppy
> except those I've put an ext2 filesystem on for some reason.

Could be tastey information, this; it's been ages since I even
used mtools.  It permits reads and writes, insertion and ejection
of a floppy without mounting and unmounting, just like in DOS and
Windows and that?  If so, that's _exactly_ what I'm after!  The
students who use these terminals should notice no difference in
the behaviour and handling of the floppy drive under Linux.
Nothing new for them to learn means nothing new for me to teach.

Speak to me.

Cheers,
--
-x80