Re: tlug: make /usr/local/ a link to /usr/ ?

    Michael> I have moral objections to making distinctions between
    Michael> /usr/local/ and /usr/.  I mean isn't _everything_ local?
    Michael> Really?  Is there a reason I shouldn't do this?

There are at least two interpretations of `local'. Some use to mean
the locally installed stuff on a machine. Thats how I use local on my
machine. The other sense is as in `local to a site'. Thats is how we
use it at work. /usr/local is NFS mounted for all the machines.

The only reason that I can think of for not doing it is that if you
build or install something to /usr/local, it will wipe out existing
stuff. Maybe that it not what you want.

What are your 'moral objections' for /usr vs. /usr/local ?

	Andy