tlug: Netscape query

I installed Muriyari Netscape on the testbed student terminal this
evening, and fired it up.  When I try to send a message, it tells me
(quite correctly) that I need a full email address for the From:
field; all it's been able to snarf from the environment is my login
name.

The docs seem only to explain how to set this and the other mail
parameters by menu-clicking.  That's great for the end user, but I
have over a hundred users, and the idea is that they shouldn't even
have to do that; everything in the system should come up configured
correctly, even if fired up on a green account that I've just set up for

someone.

I could write a script that reaches into each account and injects the
correct details into the .netscape/preferences file, but I'm hoping to
get
by with less effort.  Is there a list somewhere of the environment
variables
that Netscape reads when it fires up?  It would make things a little
simpler
and a little tidier.

Many thanks,
Frank Bennett