tlug: Motherboard recommendations?

I'm in the process of putting together my own box, and would like
to know about good motherboards and also places that can ship to
Japan (Well, inside Japan is ok as long as it's standard Linux-
usable material that can run on 115v 60Hz).

Also, this is the first time I've done this. Quick question: does
the motherboard come with the connectors (mouse, keyboard, parallel,
serial, etc) installed?

TIA,

--
David Riley

Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki
Hachinohe-shi Aomori-ken  031-8501  JAPAN

http://w3.clat.hi-tech.ac.jp/