Re: tlug: Perl linked against libc 5 & 6 on TL2.0J ??

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

>     Jim> On Thu, Nov 12, 1998 at 10:03:47PM +0900, Andrew S. Howell
>     Jim> wrote:
>     >> This leads to another question though. I built it from the
>     >> source rpm. I did a rpm -ba spec-file. This built it OK, but
>     >> left it in /var/tmp/Perl. I've built perl in a temp directory
>     >> like this before;
>
>     Jim> It should have left an RPM in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/<arch> and
>     Jim> a (rebuilt) SRPM in /usr/src/redhat/SRPMS.  (The temporary
>     Jim> build root is normally deleted at the end of the build
>     Jim> process.)
>
> Jim,
>
> 	No such luck. After doing the compile, build, and install,
> there is a error:
>
> Processing files: perl
> File not found: /var/tmp/Perl/etc/profile.d/perl.sh
> Executing: %doc
>
> It finally ends with:
>
> Provides: perl_jp
> Requires: csh
>
> Its not a big deal, I just needed the rebuilt perl binaries. Come to
> think of though I should install everything to get the modules etc.
>
> Maybe the spec file is not quiet right. Anyway, I ordered the Maximum
> RPM book today, so hopefully I'll be a bit more knowledgeable soon!

I might have forgotten to include perl.sh in the .src.rpm -- if this is
the case, copy /etc/profile.d/perl.sh (should exist from your previous
install) to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES and then try rebuilding the package
the same way that you did before.

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)