Re: tlug: ESS 1879 sound chip not recognized under TL kernel 2.0.35

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> I believe it worked before, using a driver for the ESS 1688.  this is
> now supported internally to the soundblaster family of sound modules,
> and fails initialization.

Ah, come on Steve.  You _know_ how this sort of thing works.

What kernel rev worked, what was the kernel configuration like, what is it
now, what does dmesg say, that sort of thing.

Hmmm ... maybe someone hacked Steve's account.  This isn't his style.

-- Chris