Re: tlug: Quest for e-mail continues

Dave Gutteridge wrote:
[...]  Can someone either give me a URL of a place where i can get proper instructions on this
thing,
I don't know if you've seen http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/Mail-HOWTO.html  yet.  It may be what you're looking for.
(The  http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/ is a  good source of linux 'how to' info.)  Also, if you go to www.mcp.com and sign up for a personal bookshelf, you can have access to a variety of Linux/RedHat/ "Unleashed" series of books online.  YMMV.

or tell me something i might type in at my telnet prompt which would coax more information out of my machine about what POP server this is and what it's current status is?
you can see if 'telnet localhost 110' gives you any clues;

Hope that's some (any?) help.

Sean

J. Sean Bennett
Nnet / Nakamura Shoji Co. Ltd.
N-Bldg. 2Flr, 1-12-24 Minami Odouri
Morioka, Iwate;    Japan         020-0874

Tel:    +81 (0)19-629-2250
Fax:    +81 (0)19-629-2234
PHS:    060-133-1080
Home T/F:    +81 (0)19-645-2376