PHDISK (was: Re: tlug: Sony VAIO & apm)

Another comment;

> PHDISK can create a hibernation file (save2dsk.bin) on a FAT
> filesystem,

Wow, I didn't know this!
>From what version and where can I get it?
# For some reasons, Pheonix doesn't supply this program
# to users.  It's only available from some manufactures'
# download site.  Why?

> I think the partition type is 0x0A, and it may need to be a
> primary partition (not one of the extended partitions).

It also have to be at the last end cylinders, I think...(not sure)

When I create the partition by my PHDISK (I don't remember
where I got it), for some reason the last one cylinder is not
used.  I.e., say I have 746 cylinders (1-746),
then the PHDISK creates the partition on 729-745, not
on 730-746.

The solution was simple.   I used fdisk on linux to create the
partition, and set the partition type to 0x0A.
Then I switched back to DOS, and just formated the partition
using PHDISK.
# PHDISK has several modes; creating partition, formatting
# partition, scanning partition, etc.

--- Kenichiro TANAKA