tlug: RE: search in mailing list archive

Hi,

(posted to the tlug main list from tlug-advocacy)

On 10-Nov-98 Ulrike Schmidt wrote:
> When using the search function of the archive I  thought it would be
> nice to have an option to get the whole sentence, in which the word is
> used, instead of the line only,

The search engine on the archive relies on glimpse to index all the files.
Unfortunately, glimpse only returns the line, not the sentence, where the
pattern is found.

> and maybe also an option to not get
> mails which only cite the word and don't use it in their text, although
> that might be helpful as well sometimes, of course, and not always clear
> because of different citing-methods, therefore optional ...

I've been considering trying other search engines and indexing the entire site
so that both the tlug and tlug-admin archives get indexed as well as the
meeting minutes, etc.

Comments/suggestions?

Jim S.