Re: tlug: Sony VAIO & apm

    Frank> I have TL-j 2.0 installed on a Sony VAIO with an APM
    Frank> kernel.  Everything has been working well enough, except
    Frank> that the machine has not wanted to hibernate to disk.

[snip]

I'm not sure why its not working, but if you don't mind recompiling
the kernel, you could try modifying drivers/char/apm_bios.c to define
APM_DEBUG. By default, it is:

#undef APM_DEBUG

Change it to:

#define APM_DEBUG

rebuild the kernel.

Your will then see messages in /var/log/messages like:

APM BIOS received system suspend notify
APM BIOS received system resume notify

Not sure how much this will help...

Also, make sure that you are not running apmd. It is supposed to give
the same messages as above, but it will prevent suspend from working!

Andy