tlug: FAX with ISDN (Was: ISDN problems)

I've been following this thread with some interest, since I have an NEC TA
and will be installing Red Hat this evening.
I sure hope I don't have as many problems as you have had. :-/  A friend of
mine also recently installed Red Hat and is having modem
troubles, but he is not dealing with ISDN, so maybe its a completely
different weasel.

In addition to the actual connection problem, I was wondering if anyone
here is successfully using fax functions with their ISDN.
I have been running Win95, but since I got ISDN I have not been able to get
fax functionality, and friends that I have asked about
it say they they too have been unsuccessfuly in getting it to work in the
Win95/ISDN environment.

Are there similar problems for the Fax/ISDN combination with Linux?

Two items on this:  1) I did find the NEC equivalent of AT&W, I believe:
AT$S.  However, connecting in 'Doze, then disconnecting, then running
that command in Hyperterminal, then trying Linux, produces no change
in behavior.  2) My wife and I scoured the manuals that came with the
TA, but neither of us could locate "modemu shokika" or "shokika
mojiretsu."
<Lance slumps in his chair, fresh out of ideas>