Re: tlug: Re: ISDN problems

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Lance Cummings wrote:

> I'll give it a shot, Jonathan, just before I sacrifice her to the God of Linux
> Connectivity.  ;-)  But she is not technically minded at all.  The manual for
> this thing is a big job even for a native speaker, I think.  And trying to
> explain what an init string is to her

She doesn't need to know what it is, she just needs to know what to look for.
I'm not sure what the correct Japanese term for modem init string is, but it
might be something like モデム初期化コード or maybe モデム初期化文字列。

Give her those go on, and if she sees something that talks about that, she can
zero in.  Also, show her a couple examples of what an init string looks like.

Just in case you aren't using a J-enabled Linux, those are modemu shokika
ko-do and modemu shokika mojiretsu.  Native speakers, please correct me if
there is a better term for "modem initialization string" :-)

Jonathan