tlug: XEmacs/MULE 20.4 & Canna

Hello XEmacs and/or MULE lovers,

I have a annoying problem with a straightforward xemacs-20.4
installation (--with-mule --with-canna --with-xim):

After selecting japanese-canna input mode and then leaving it again,
some keys remain bound to canna commands. The MOST annoying binding is

	insert		canna-kigou-mode

I could work around this one, but the basic question is:

How do I get rid of ALL that special input mode stuff and have all key bindings
restored? (inactivate-input-method) alone obviously isn't enough.

Another, minor point:

when compiling --with-canna, all input methods vanish, except japanese-*.
I have to add a (load "leim-list") in my .emacs and really don't know why.
Everything is ok when I compile without the --with-canna option.

Thanks,

-Klaus