tlug: OpenGL driver for Linux

Hi,

I'm interested in writing OpenGL program with Linux.
It is ideal that we can use Mesa with hardware acceleration,
but we can get hardware acceleration from Voodoo family only.

Here is good news about 3D world in Linux.

Metrolink is developping hardware accelerated OpenGL X server
(Metro Extreme 3D) for Permedia2, 3 and GlintMX chips. They
initially have plan to ship this stuff on October, but it is
slipped to December. Press release can be found at
http://www.metrolink.com/press_index.html

Nvidia has come out their first patch for XF86_SVGA for RIVA128/ZX
and RIVA TNT. They enhanced 2D performance and fixed minor bug.
This patch/binary can be downloadable from following URL.
http://www.nvidia.com/

I think Nvidia's attitude to Linux has changed compared to their
previous response to the demand for Linux 3D driver. If they have
plan to ship hardware acclerated XF86 server for Linux,
it would be great.

In any case, 3D hardware situation is being improved.

PS. Is this should be posted to tlug-advocacy?

-Takeshi