Re: tlug: Re: ISDN problems

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Lance Cummings wrote:

> On 9 Nov 98, at 13:27, Scott Stone wrote:
>
> > 1. connect with PPP.
> > 2. disconnect.
>
> 1 and 2 are no problem, of course.  But hyperterminal is another GUI
> disaster that seems to have a mind of its own.  When I open a new
> connection and direct it to Comm2 and then type AT&W it still returns
> "ERROR."  (God, I'd love to rip this app out by the throat.)  Must be
> a configuration error in the properties.  How should it be setup?

no, ERROR is an error back from the TA itself.  it must use something
other than the (industry standard) AT&W to write to NVRAM.  I guess the
Japanese engineers at NEC once AGAIN decided that accepted standards just
weren't dang good enough for them.  Avoid NEC.  NEC is evil.

> > 3. run hyperterminal, tell it you want to talk DIRECTLY to com2:
> > 4. now do 'AT&W'.
> > 5. shut down windows and reboot into Linux...
> >
> > try that.

> Next Nomikai: 20 November, 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
> Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 HSBC Securities Office
> more info: http://tlug.linux.or.jp Sponsors: PHT, HSBC Securities

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)