Re: tlug: Re: ISDN problems

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, Lance Cummings wrote:

> No.  Actually, I have no idea where this is coming from, but it's what xisp
> displays.  I'm certainly not giving it that string.  I've never entered that
> string in a script of any kind, so I really don't know where, except xisp, it
> could be coming from.

OK, go to the X-ISP site and take a look at this help screen:

<http://users.hol.fr/~dbouras/xisp03.html>

Find that config screen in your X-ISP and see what it has in the init field.
That's probably where the pahnton init string is coming from.  Once we get an
init string pinned down for your TA, that's also where it should go.

Have you tried just flipping through the manual looking for init strings and
not reading anything else?  They kind of stand out, and that saves actually
having to dig through a lot of stuff.  Just stop to read if you see an init
string.

> > If you don't give X-ISP a userid or password, do you get asked for them
> > when you try to connect, or does the connection die without ever asking?
>
> I entered the userid and password in the program.  I don't get asked,
> and I get dropped really fast.

If you take them out of X-ISP do you get asked, or will it refuse to even
dial?

> Yeah.  This is certainly do-able, and I must be very close . . . but still no
> cigar.  We'll get it sometime this week, I'm sure.  ;-)

Hopefully it won't take that long :-)

Jonathan