Re: tlug: Re: ISDN problems

On 8 Nov 98, at 21:03, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> Use CHAP.

Okay, I shall.  :)

> > I get a no carrier message about 5 seconds into the digital call.
> > Specifically, I see:
> >
> > ATV1 H0
>
> Is this the init string you are giving it?

No.  Actually, I have no idea where this is coming from, but it's what xisp
displays.  I'm certainly not giving it that string.  I've never entered that
string in a script of any kind, so I really don't know where, except xisp, it
could be coming from.

> > To answer your other question, the TA is an NEC Aterm IT65Pro.  And the
> > manual is a bear for me to read.  ;-))
>
> OK, take a look at 3Web's Japanese support pages.  There is an init string
> there for at least one NEC TA (IT55), and probably others.  If the IT65
> isn't listed specifically, try the IT55 string.  It will probably work.  I
> would look this up for you, but I don't have access to those pages from
> home, only from work.  If you can't find it, I can do it for you from work
> on Tuesday.

I'll have a look and see if I can figure it out.

> If you don't give X-ISP a userid or password, do you get asked for them
> when you try to connect, or does the connection die without ever asking?

I entered the userid and password in the program.  I don't get asked,
and I get dropped really fast.

> There is one TLUGger who connects to 3Web using ISDN from Linux, but he
> usually isn't online much on Sundays.  If he sees this, perhaps he'll be
> able to hit this with the right answer pretty easily.  He's using an Aiwa
> TA under TurboLinux, so the exact setup is a little different, but his
> scripts definitely work.

Yeah.  This is certainly do-able, and I must be very close . . . but still no
cigar.  We'll get it sometime this week, I'm sure.  ;-)

Lance