Re: tlug: Re: ISDN problems

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, Lance Cummings wrote:

> Red Hat's netcfg?  Or do you see problems with this script?  (I suppose the
> modem init string does not apply to the TA, but I've no idea what to replace
> it with.)

If in doubt, just use ATZ, but I think the NEC manual has a specific init
string in it somewhere, too.  Which model of NEC is this?

Is the init string in your the script the one for the USR?  If so, I would
definitely recommend against using that with the TA.

If you'd like a nice graphical dialer (looks nicer than the Windows or Mac
ones), check out X-ISP:

http://users.hol.gr/~dbouras/

Since I'm not doing dial-up access I've never been able to try this, but it
looks like it has a lot of nice features.  It's a frontend to pppd/chat, but
adds a lot more.

Jonathan