tlug: Re: ISDN problems

Kazuyuki Okamoto wrote:

>Hi,
>I use box TA (for async line) and PC-card TA (for sync line).
>You must read a TA's manual, and ask the IPS what kind line a
type(async/sync).

Well, the ISP uses a sync line, I think.  The reason I suspect this is that
using
the same TA in Windows on the same box, I use the sync drivers that came with
the NEC TA, not the async drivers.  Is this a mistaken assumption on my part?

>You should use init parm for suiltable parms for async/sync line.

I'm sorry, but you're mistaking me for a seasoned Linux networking pro.  :))
Can you give me some more details here?  I'm afraid I don't understand
the line above.

>The TA looks like a modem for kernel or via module

In other words, don't worry about kernel support anyway, right?

Thanks,

Lance