Re: tlug: About Glimpse and WebGlimse

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Hiroshi Hasebe wrote:

> At leaset the Glimpse 4.1B L10N patch is still available from the
> original maintainer's anonymous ftp server. (The URL in my previous
> posting has the pointer.)

Still available != maintained.

pine-j is no longer actively maintained (the 3.96 patch is available, but
no further development).  Glimpse is no longer actively maintained (the
4.1B patch is available, but no further development).

Which, I guess, begs a few questions:

* Why weren't the localization patches rolled into the main distribution?
  Offhand, I can't think of any Japanese localizations that were
  eventually accepted by the package maintainers -- the packages just stay
  forked.

* Why don't the maintainers of the Japanese localizations stay in sync
  with the non-localized package?  Too much trouble?

-- Chris