Re: tlug: Re: tomsrtbt & glibc (was: Lilo hosed)

> well, with my rescue floppy, you CAN restore /lib from it, since /lib on
> the rescue floppy contains the correct glibc libraries...

You're talking about using your rescue disk *as* a backup.  I'm talking
about using your rescue disk to restore a critical filesystem from some
other backup media.

> more stable, no.  better understood, maybe.  It seems to me, however, that
> MOST people who even know what the difference is prefer glibc.

I'm certainly among those who prefer glibc, but not necessarily for my
rescue disk.  Until every distribution has come out with their third
glibc based release, I think the libc5/6 stability issue is debatable.

Regards,
--
Rex