Re: tlug: Tar to remote device

Rafael Coninck Teigao <rct@example.com> writes:

>     Try putting an .rhosts on the machine that has the drive!

I had done this, and all the other little necessaries (making the
file readable only to root, making sure the daemon was available
on the host machine).

But sometimes it just takes a little nudge to shake me into
place; I had set the hostname in .rhosts with a "@" instead of a
"." immediately after the laptop IP's hostname.  In the course of
reconfirming the system's misbehavior before responding to
Rafael's note, I realized what I had done wrong.

Now rsh from root is happy, tar from root is happy, and I'm
happy too.

Thanks for the nudge.
--
-x80