Re: tlug: Master of my domain no more...

At 04:41 PM 10/31/98 +0900, Sean Bennett
Thomas Joseph Haslam <tjhaslam@example.com> writes:

> >Today, /sbin/shutdown -r now and /sbin/shutdown -h now have
> >no effect.  When I give these comands, I get the usual
> >"System Going Down Immediately" messages,... but thats it.
> >I get my command prompt back again.

> Is there anyone on the list tonight actually doing tech-support for Linux
> rather than arguing about it?  Please respond ASAP to SB's post.  Thanks!

As the other Bennett on the list, I wish I could offer more than
sympathies.  What does the process table look like?  Anything
weird hanging out in there?  And what does "free" show ---
strange things might happen if a process has filled up virtual
memory.

Gotta run now -- hope you get it sorted out soon.

Cheers,
--
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@