Re: tlug: Holy fast books batman...

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, JS Bennett wrote:

> Wednesday evening I ordered some books from computerliteracy.com in
> California - they were having an all-you-can ship deal for $14.95.  Now I
> placed the order at about 8:00pm Wed.in Japan (about 3am in Califonia),
> and they would have gotten it when they opened, at say 9am - 2am Thurday in
> Japan) . Here it is Friday afternoon, and the books are already here in
> Japan.  They arrived -- sorry -- make that RELEASED by customs at narita at
> about 3 pm. About a day and a half, and the books are already here -
> almost....
>
> This online tracking stuff is cool - yesterday and today, every couple of
> hours I'd just check the site, and get an update on my order. If your
> curious you can check out my package tracking:
> http://wwwapps.ups.com/tracking/tracking.cgi?tracknum=45802092845
>
> What books did I get??  Just some cool geeky stuff - Apache Server Bible,
> WinNT Server Administration, Sendmail quick reference, Practicle SQL
> programing, Essential Unix System Administration, the Karma Sutra, and Unix
> Power Tools.

So what kind of perverted stuff are you planning to do with your Linux
box?  I think that it's kind of sick that this day in age people are still
buying that kind of literary filth..

I'm referring, of course, to the WinNT server admin book.. :)

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)