Re: tlug: How to install Linux (Part 1) ...

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Sean Bennett wrote:

>Can/does fips reliably resize linux ext2 partitions?  Most of the suggestions

Don't know about FIPS, but the latest version of Partition Magic does.  If I
understand the procedure correctly, you either use (or perhaps it comes with)
a bootable DOS disk, then you run PM and use it to re-size your ext2fs
partitions on the fly.  I haven't bought it and try it out yet, but if my
experience with PM on other operating systems over the past two years or so is
any guide, it will likely be bullet proof.  I've never experienced any kind of
problem at all with Partition Magic, so I would trust it with my ext2
partitions as well.  But of course, back everything up first, just to be safe
:-)

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>
3Web Channel <URL: http://www.3web.co.jp/index.en.html>

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)