Re: tlug: Sparc PROM question

I most certainly am not a Sparc expert.  But I know somebody (Wiley E.
Coyote)
who is.

His response confirms AH`s and adds some additional info:

FB> How do I get to the PROM prompt at startup?

#> If he's running with a real sun keyboard/monitor, he needs to
#> hit the L1-A combination (the key "L1", and the key "a").
#> That'll drop him into a  prompt even if the system is multiuser.
#> if it's a serial console, he needs to send a break. Minicom, that's
#> ALT-F, kermit it's (escape character -- usually ctrl \) and B.

My thanks to W.E.C. and best to all,

Tom H.

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)