Re: tlug: Re: beer (was: too bashful to mention)

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Scott Stone wrote:

>As far as putting this into a global perspective goes, Japan is just a
>small island in a huge world of beer guzzlers.  Germany and the United
>States, I believe, are the two biggest beer-drinking countries in the
>world.  Now, considering that Asahi isn't sold in those countries (at
>least not in the USA, it's not), you've probably already got the world
>domination of non-asahi beer in the bag.

Japan's per-capita beer consumption is so high that I wouldn't be surprised if
more brew is guzzled here than in America.  However, Asahi Super Dry has been
sold there since its inception.  Bad as it is, it seems pretty good when it's
sitting on a shelf of major American beers, which come in only two types:
"pxxxwater" and "call 911 immediately" :-)

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>
3Web Channel <URL: http://www.3web.co.jp/index.en.html>

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)