Re: tlug: Re: beer (was: too bashful to mention)

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Jonathan Byrne - 3Web wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, David E wrote:
>
> >An independent study shows that Super-dry drinkers are on average 3.63
> >times more likely to want to watch the new Donnie&Marie show than Ebisu
> >drinkers. (+/- 1.2%)
> >
> >So now the anti-Asahi camp has some hard statistics to back them up!
>
> Let's face it - Linux isn't the only thing that will achieve world domination
> - the anti-Asahi campaign is off to a roaring start :-)

As far as putting this into a global perspective goes, Japan is just a
small island in a huge world of beer guzzlers.  Germany and the United
States, I believe, are the two biggest beer-drinking countries in the
world.  Now, considering that Asahi isn't sold in those countries (at
least not in the USA, it's not), you've probably already got the world
domination of non-asahi beer in the bag.

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)