Re: tlug: Re: A sharp stick in the eye

Upon re-reading a post of which the general spirit and sense I
whole-heartedly endorse, it seems to me that one comment might be directed
at Joe Marchak.

JM is allowed as much as anyone else to express his opinions, and even his
frustration.  And by far, he has been more considerate than the other
particpants (myself included)  in this ``overreaction.``

Given all the nonsense that JM has had recently dropped in his lap, though,
I can understand his politely stated need to draw a line in the virtual
sand.

Linux does still involve a considerable commitment.   At least for us
newcomers.  And Linux is not for everyone.  JDH (John De Hoog) expressed
his willingness to keep at it.  Good.

But the philosphical issues aside, _TLUG_  at least is a community--and one
that does require people to not only tolerate but also be just a little
more civil of each other.  RW does this very well.  But so does JM.

Perhaps myself and some others would benfit from having both examples of
decency, good humor, and common courtesy.

Best to all with all,
TJ

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)