RE: tlug: video card (was Mounting my cdrom's)

Hi,

On 27-Oct-98 Darren Cook wrote:
> Is there an auto-detect-my-graphics-card program I can run?

I think SuperProbe can do this. On my system it's

schweiz:~$ which SuperProbe
/usr/X11R6/bin/SuperProbe

make sure you read the man page before using it. Dim memory of a warning or two
in there...

You might also need the info from

X -showconfig

or if you don't know which chipset you have

X -probeonly > ~/x.out 2>&1

Make sure to write everything down in a notebook so you can refer back to it
years later (like I just did :)

HTH

Jim S.

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)