Re: tlug: RE: Mounting my cdrom's

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Jim Schweizer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 26-Oct-98 Darren Cook wrote:
> > 1.Is there a way to copy parts of the console screen to a disk file? I
> > tried hilighting with the mouse, but didn't know what to do then.
> > Right-clicking seemed to try and execute everything I'd hilighted.
>
> If you're in an xterm you can paste the contents into another program (like
> emacs) with the middle button on the mouse (or both buttons at the same time if
> you're using a two button mouse emulating a 3 button mouse.) I assume this will
> work from a console, but I've never tried it....
>
> > 2.When I try "mount /mnt/cdrom" I get this error:
> >   mount: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel
>
> Uh oohhhh, time to recompile the kernel with support for iso9660 (can this be
> done as a loadable module?) Don't worry, recompiling kernels isn't that bad
> unless you've got a wierd hardware set-up.

He's using redhat, the module's already there.  kerneld should autoload
it, but kerneld might not be installed/running.

As for pasting with GPM, you use the right mouse button to paste.  It
tries to execute everything because you're pasting stuff into an xterm or
a console window, and there's newlines in there, and it's executing them,
or trying to.  paste it into an emacs or pico window instead.

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)