Re: tlug: RE: Mounting my cdrom's

>> 2.When I try "mount /mnt/cdrom" I get this error:
>>   mount: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel
>
>Uh oohhhh, time to recompile the kernel with support for iso9660 (can this be
>done as a loadable module?) Don't worry, recompiling kernels isn't that bad
>unless you've got a wierd hardware set-up.

I've not done anything yet, so is it easier to wipe the disk and reinstall
(*)? But why should the kernel not have cd support when I installed from
CD, and tried to avoid selecting/unselecting anything special?

Darren

*: There are other problems as well - X fails (I probably guessed the wrong
video card), and the only ping that works is 127.0.0.1, so maybe I'll end
up reinstalling anyway?

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)