Re: tlug: Xkeycaps JP106 keyboard template?

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Howard R. Abbey wrote:

> I couldn't find a xkeycaps configuration for my 106 key Japanese
> keyboard (bought at one of those famous TLUG auctions).  Has anyone
> else done one?

TurboLinux (but not only TurboLinux, I think) comes with one, including in
the English version.  It doesn't use the Windows-specific keys, though.  If
you hashed one out the made the keys with the Windows logo pop up the
desktop menu (perhaps utilizing alt to get left or right mouse button
effect) and the task-switcher one (the rightmost Windows key) to act like
the middle button task-switcher mouse button, that would be worth trying
out.  I'll try to test it for you.

I don't have (and indeed, have never seen) a Japanese Dvorak keyboard, so
I can only test the usual key layout.

Cheers,

Jonathan