Re: tlug: Forward mail... but keep a copy

On Thu, Oct 22, 1998 at 09:41:52PM +0000, Darren Cook wrote:
> But now she tells me she still wants to be able to check her original
> account (when she's at this office). Is there a way to do this? I thought
> of creating a second account for her and forwarding her emails to that, eg.
>
>    darren@example.com --> darren2@example.com
>                               darren@example.com
With many MTAs it is as simple as making the forward file on netschool:
darren, darren@example.com

The MTA will automatically skip routing a second copy to the local mailbox
if it finds the same local part as the one currently under consideration.
(But beware, this protection can be confused if an alias is involved on the
local part.)

Or if you deliver mail through procmail (or Exim's filter mechanism :-) you
have extreme flexiblity over where copies of messages are stored and/or
forwarded.

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586