tlug: Possible new long life Linux laptop?

While reading about Windows CE's newest version of laptops, the
spec's of HP's Jornada surprised me:
from: http://www.abcnews.com/sections/tech/DailyNews/jupiter981021.html
               Processor: 32-bit Intel StrongArm
               RISC
               Memory: 16MB RAM, 16MB Burst
               Mode ROM
               Display: 8.2-inch color
               Peripherals: PC Card Type II card
               slot and CompactFlash Type II card
               slot
               Communications: 56Kbps modem
               Battery: 10-hour lithium-ion,
               extendable to 15 hours
               Form: 9.7 x 7 x 1.3; 2.5 lbs.
               Price: $999

Is that the same StrongArm chip used in the Netwinder and other
machines than Linux has been ported to?  And am I right that a
battery life of 10 hours is pretty good for a laptop?  If so, and
HP is convinced to allow booting from PC Card / CF card, I may have
an excuse to finally buy a cheap laptop.

--
Howard