RE: tlug: Linux Community?? (was: HTML again)

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote,

> Sigh.  If you don't want to be a member of the Linux community on the
> terms I defined above, OK.  It's not even clear that the TLUG list as
> a group, or even a majority, would subscribe to that definition.
>
> But is it necessary to try to drive a wedge between those of us who
> cherish Linux because we've grown with it (and are maybe a little
> fanatically possessive about it), and those who can benefit from our
> experience (and there aren't too many with the skills who haven't been
> shaped by the Bright Side of the Source---where else are non-hackers
> going to get the advice)?

What you and the others have done in the early stages of Linux evolution is
of course vital and impressive. My question is whether Linux is going to
(wants to/is able to) go on to a new stage where the community aspect is
less important, and practical considerations become foremost.

--
John De Hoog, Tokyo
dehoog@example.com